Version 2.0 of the Sorcerer’s Apprentice app is now available in Apple’s App Store.
I’m really excited to get Version 2 out … the game play features of this version are the features that I originally thought about while playing the game and were the motivation for creating the app in the first place. I was on site play-testing the app earlier this month, and that led me to make a number of improvements in the overall flow of the gameplay portion of the app — I hope you’ll agree when you try out the new features.
Here’s an overview of what you’ll find in Version 2.
- GamePlay – a series of screens walks you through the entire game flow, from choosing the keycard you’ll play with, through the land and portal selection, to picking cards to play against each villain or henchman.
- The best cards to play against each villain will be recommended — considering the villain’s weakness, the cards you own, the strength levels of your cards, and what you’ve played in previous battle rounds against this villain.
- The app will keep track of strength levels of your cards by asking you about the animations seen when you play each card.
- The app keeps track of which story lines you’ve already completed, so you know how much more of the game you have left to conquer.
- The app remembers the portal you’re headed to — great for when there are gaps between your playing sessions.
- The portal finder has been enhanced with photos of each portal.
- Social Media integration allows you to share your victories over Facebook and Twitter. You can also tweet your trading location to help you locate other traders that might be near you in the park.
There are also some new things here on the blog — check out the new “How to Play SotMK” page, as well as the “Using the Sorcerer’s Apprentice App” page, for some in-depth information about the game and the app.